Wardell Armstrong LLP
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK. We are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious ecologist to complement the skills and experience of the existing team. The position would be based between our Bolton and Manchester offices.
- Undertake desk studies to identify ecological information for sites.
- Design, plan and lead field surveys, including those of protected species in line with best practice standards.
- Compile, analyse, evaluate and interpret survey data.
- Produce and contribute to technical reports including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, protected species and BREEAM reports.
- Mentor junior team members and assists with quality assurance.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to provide advice commensurate with your experience and knowledge.
- Prepare fee proposals.
- Manage small- to medium-sized projects.
- Hold a degree or similar in ecology or a related discipline.
- Hold a great crested newt survey licence and also have significant experience of great crested newt and European Protected Species licence applications.
- Hold (or be working towards) a bat survey licence.
- Have membership to CIEEM.
- Good knowledge of survey and assessment of UK habitats and notable / protected species, and a willingness to develop new skills.
- Have an understanding of relevant UK and EU Nature Conservation legislation and planning process.
- Be experienced in undertaking protected species surveys, such as bats, badger, great crested newt, water vole and reptiles.
- Have a flexible approach to work to meet demands at peak times. As the role is likely to involve occasional longer and / or unsociable hours, a willingness to undertake moderate (significant at times) travel to sites within the UK, sometimes staying locally for several days is essential.
- As we work throughout the UK, a full driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential
Please apply via our website.
See everything from this employer
Get jobs like this by email every day or weekly