Lockhart Garratt Ltd
Graduate/Assistant Forestry Consultants x 2
Corby, Northamptonshire / Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
As part of our continued growth we are looking for two driven and enthusiastic Graduate/Assistant Forestry Consultants (role dependent on experience) to join our teams in both Corby and Chipping Norton. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your forestry and woodland management skills and to provide tailored advice to a variety of clients as part of a wider multi-discipline environmental consultancy
We offer a competitive basic salary plus an excellent benefits package of pension, training (including a structured Graduate Training Programme if applicable) and outdoor equipment allowance plus flexible working opportunities. You will be mentored by a senior manager who will guide and support you through training and development with the aim of attaining full membership of the ICF at the earliest opportunity.
The role will encompass:
- Support and assist Forestry and Woodland Management team members in client instructions and business development tasks;
- Report writing relevant to role;
- Undertake (supported) woodland survey, preparation of management plans, operational contracts, budgets and professional maps;
- Undertake supervision of operational contracts including harvesting, planting and woodland maintenance;
- Administer timber sales;
- Supporting senior members of team in achieving project deliverables; and
- Communicating and liaising with clients, stakeholders and contractors.
The right candidate should have:
- A degree in forestry or related discipline (or equivalent qualifications / experience);
- Demonstrable relevant experience, either through practical degree experience (e.g. mid-year placement), voluntary service and/or professional experience;
- Numerate and able to use a range of software packages;
- A working knowledge of GIS mapping software;
- Excellent report writing ability and written/oral communication;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey/client work and to occasionally work away from home; and above all
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a passion for trees and the natural environment.
For more information and to apply click here
Closing date: Friday 13th March 2020.