Countryside Team – variable hours workers
We are looking to expand our team of variable hours workers to support our in-house countryside service.
Tasks will include:
- Carrying out a range of site-based activities, focusing on environmental/ecological land management and mitigation e.g.:
- vegetation management, felling and chipping
- management of invasive non-native species
- installation of reptile and amphibian fencing, bat /bird boxes, artificial badger setts
- tree and shrub planting
- creation and management of new habitats
- Highly motivated
- Experienced in practical land management along with demonstration of safe use of relevant equipment
- Qualifications and experience in the safe use of chainsaws, brush-cutters and chippers is desirable
- Previous experience of this type of work would also be an advantage
- Good communication and team-working skills essential
- Hardworking, punctual, willing to learn, flexible and intuitive
- Good level of physical fitness is essential
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle
- CSCS card is an advantage
Rates of pay are hourly and subject to experience. Mileage (excluding commuting) and expenses are paid.
This is an opportunity to gain practical work experience across a range of projects. Please note that work is offered on a casual basis.
Health and safety training and PPE will be provided.
To be considered, please send a CV and covering letter to Liz Johns at email@example.com