Never has there been a more important time for trees and forests to help tackle the climate emergency and provide a much-needed sanctuary for people and wildlife.
We are seeking dynamic individuals with experience in forestry and/or land management, who are quick to learn and inspire and enthuse others.
The Woodland Officer role can be seen as the ‘face’ of the Forestry Commission to landowners, managers and stakeholders. Each Woodland Officer has their own geographic area of primary responsibility, enabling them to develop a strategic view of the local landscape, a network of local stakeholders and an understanding of the challenges and opportunities.
In your ‘patch,’ you will be at the forefront of delivering the Forestry Commission’s incentives and Regulations, and able to provide advice and support to the private forestry sector in addition to Local Authorities and Defra colleagues. Internal team working is also integral in the Woodland Officer role, for example across the Area Team (e.g., assisting others in ‘alleged unlicensed felling’ investigations) and the wider Forestry Commission (e.g., opportunity for review of national guidance and procedure). Through both, you will have the ability to assist the Forestry Commission build strong working relationships to help create and manage diverse, resilient multi-purpose woodlands.
The posts will cover:
• East Kent – covering districts of Canterbury, Dover, Shepway and Thanet
• West Kent – covering districts of Dartford, Gravesham, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells
The substantive office will be Bedgebury. If you live within that area then you have the opportunity to work in a blended manner directly from your home, once you have become fully established in the role.
• A Civil Service pension.
• A range of family friendly benefits.
• An environment with flexible working options.
• Learning and development tailored to your role.
• A culture which promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment.
• A range of wellbeing benefits including discounted Civil Service Healthcare, access to an EmployeeAssistance
• Programme 24/7, Bike to Work Scheme, plus many more.
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus 10.5 bank holidays/privilege days (pro rata).
• Ability to buy or sell 2 days annual leave.
• 3 days volunteering per year (pro rata).
£32,612 - £35,343
Closing Date: 04/06/2023 Location: Kent
See everything from this employer