Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
Wilder Neighbourhoods Officer
Part Time – 21 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract for 2 Years
Salary: £26,000 - £27,500 pro rata depending on experience
Location: Beechcroft House
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust is a grassroots movement working for nature’s recovery and to bring people closer to nature.
‘Our vision for a wilder future is beautiful and vital!’
Our future has to be wilder!
We are seeking a Wilder Neighbourhoods Officer to join our cause.
This Fixed Term role involves:
Supporting neighbourhoods and communities
- Provide talks and events for neighbourhoods to inspire them to collectively take action for nature.
- Provide ongoing support to neighbourhoods and connect them with opportunities to ensure the action they take is sustainable and long term.
- Create and deliver a clear pathway and one-page starter pack for those wishing to take action in their neighbourhoods.
Reporting to funders and partnership working
- Work with Wilder Communities Manager to provide quarterly impact and finance reports to the Greening Campaign (National Lottery Heritage funded programme).
- Work closely with partners involved in the Greening Campaign to provide a cohesive programme for communities involved, that links to the Trust’s Team Wilder programme.
- Work with Wilder Communities Manager to provide annual impact reporting for Wilder Neighbourhoods project (major donor funded programme).
The full Job Description is available on our website, but in summary, the following is required:
- Significant experience of working with the general public, with a proven ability of engaging and empowering communities to make positive change.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with a wide range of audiences, including children and young people.
- Good understanding of community organising, and behaviour change methods.
- Good understanding of health and safety in the workplace, GDPR and Safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Good understanding of diversity and inclusion principles and approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with digital communication tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
- IT literate – particularly MS Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- An interest and passion for wildlife, community public engagement and environmental education.
- Well organised and practical with good time management skills.
- Ability to work alone, and as part of a team.
We are happy to talk hybrid working
Closing date: 19 June 2023
Interviews: 29 June 2023
To apply for the role, please visit our website: Wilder Neighbourhoods Officer | Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust (hiwwt.org.uk)
Closing Date: 19/06/2023 Location: Beechcroft House