Preferred by Nature
Do you have a passion for forestry and the environment? Do you want to make an impact on sustainability by ensuring businesses meet the right standards and address environmental deficiencies? If so, then you might be the match for our role as Sustainability Auditor with a forestry background based in the United Kingdom.
What you can expect as Sustainability Auditor at Preferred by Nature:
As a Sustainability Auditor, you will assess and verify the sustainability and legality of practices related the forest and biomass-related products of our clients. For this, your professionalism and focus on quality will be central in managing part our client portfolio. Upon joining Preferred by Nature, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop the skills needed to manage certifications for clients and learning how to audit sustainability standards within forestry, biomass and chain of custody all with our distinct Preferred by Nature quality.
Working with us is never routine so the first year you can expect the following areas to be central to your work.
- Help strengthen Preferred by Nature’s brand by helping us manage our portfolio of 250+ certified clients in the United Kingdom and ensure the audit processes are completed on time and with quality.
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with clients by diligently planning audits and ensuring that high-quality reports are submitted on time.
- Gain valuable insights in forestry by using your ability to communicate with people at all levels of our client’s organization and with people with a diverse set of occupational and educational backgrounds.
- Grow your own network and Preferred by Nature’s client base by serving as a primary point of contact to support potential, new and existing clients with their sustainable certifications.
Within three months, you will:
- If you don't have certification experience, we will provide the necessary training related to FSC Standards (Forest Stewardship Council) and give you the skills needed to audit these in accordance with our high-quality standards.
- Be prepared to take the Supply Chain exam and aim to successfully pass it.
- Grow your auditing skills by learning from the best auditors in the United Kingdom by participating as observer in 4 audit processes.
- Understand the relevance of our systems and digital tools, which are fundamental to running an efficient auditing business.
Within six months, you will:
- Gain expertise in auditing through the Preferred by Nature method by learning the tricks of the trade and implementing best practices.
- Take steps towards working independently as an auditor by completing several audits as a trainee auditor along with writing, reviewing and finalizing certification reports.
- Efficiently manage time to prioritize tasks and effectively use Salesforce to optimize workflows and data management.
Within one year, you will:
- Successfully complete audits as a trained auditor in accordance with FSC/PEFC standards.
- Attain full proficiency as FSC and PEFC auditor through rigorous training and hands-on experience, and successfully carry out audits independently.
- Continue developing expertise by working with new programs and departments within Preferred by Nature.
Important that you:
- Any college/university education or any education within timber or wood fibre sectors
- Have at least 2 years of experience in the forest products sector (timber, printing, paper industry, forestry)
- Can manage competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team
- Possess strong multitasking and project management abilities, as well as proficiency in using digital tools in your work (word processing, spreadsheet, and presentations)
- Are fluent in English and other European languages will be considered an additional asset
- Are willing to travel within the country and outside when needed.
Would also be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have knowledge of the Preferred by Nature and/or FSC certification protocols.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What Sets Us Apart:
- Global work culture
- Work from home
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training that prepares you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Internet subsidy
- Home office subsidy
Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English), including salary expectations by 5 June 2023 via the application form below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Please note that Preferred by Nature does not provide sponsorship for work visas. All applicants must have a valid work permit to be considered for this role.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Yavlyanskaya, HR Specialist
Closing Date: 05/06/2023 Location: Remote