Teignbridge District Council
Senior Arboricultural Officer
Job reference: REQ000220
Location: Forde House
£32,909-£34,723 – per annum
37 hours per week
Based in beautiful South Devon you will work as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary Development Management team who maintain Teignbridge’s high-quality environment and shape future developments large and small to create great places to live and work.
We can offer:
- A generous flexi scheme with up to 2 days flexi per month that can be taken.
- Hybrid working with 50% hours that can be worked from home if you prefer.
- A newly refurbished zero carbon emissions office space.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
- Generously discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
- Opportunities for career and self-development
The ideal candidate:
- Will have a professional qualification to degree level or equivalent in arboriculture.
- Will have worked in similar roles providing advice and guidance to planners, professional agents and practitioners, and members of the public.
- Will enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- Will like helping people. You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- Will pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Can communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- Will be able to think on their feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you flex.
- Will be self-motivated. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
Read the job description and person specification - it will help you understand whether your knowledge, skills and experience match the job requirements. In your supporting statement please tell us how you meet each of the essential criteria we ask for in the person specification.
Closing Date: 9th June 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 19th June 2023
For an informal discussion please contact Ian Perry (Principal Planning Officer) or Rosalyn Eastman (Business Manager) on 01626 215743
For further information and to apply, please click here
Closing Date: 09/06/2023 Location: Forde House