Natural Resources Wales
Specialist Advisor: Outdoor Access
Grade & Salary: 6, £35,994 - £39,369 (pro rata for 18.5 hours a week £17,997 - £19,684.5)
Post number: 203132
Type of contract: Permanent
Work pattern: 18.5 hours a week
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Job Context: To lead on the provision of Wales Coast Path and related Outdoor Access and Recreation specialist/technical assessments and advice. This technical/specialist advice will inform the development of related NRW policy, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. You will work with colleagues from other teams in EPP and Operations, officials from WG and sector representatives. You will be the specialist for Wales Coast Path and related coastal access.
The post holder will:
- Prepare technical assessments, drawing on a range of complex information and data.
- Manage the preparation of material to inform the development of NRW, WG and other Partners policy, statutory advice and guidance documents. Manage the development of procedures, tools and guidance and lead the delivery of new ways of working.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as Welsh Government, sector representatives and partners to ensure the timely and effective delivery of project, policy or strategy obligations.
- Advise on evidence gaps and project manage agreed evidence projects, in line with the agreed evidence programme.
- Support engagement with sectors, partners, Welsh Government; Visit Wales, Local Authorities; Welsh NGO's and other Environment bodies in Wales and the UK; and be a primary point of contact for customer queries related to your WCP section.
- Maintain knowledge of the outdoor recreation and access sector identifying the implications of legislative, technology and market changes for Natural Resources Wales and the outdoor access and recreation sector.
- Contribute to task and finish groups, commissioned through the Business Boards, to prepare defined products as required.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to develop and deliver an agreed Personal Development Plan.
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to outdoor access and recreation, long distance routes and public rights of way; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers relevant to the WCP, and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpreting a range of environmental information and data; analysing large data sets.
- Working with/in outdoor access & recreation sector, local authorities, landowners and managers; WCP national and regional groupings; representatives of outdoor/countryside organisations and voluntary bodies.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and qualifications.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 30/06/2022 Location: Flexible