Natural Resources Wales
Specialist Advisor, Access Reform
Grade & Salary: 6, £35,994 rising to £39,369 over three years
Post number: 203131
Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment until 31 March 2023
Work pattern: 37 hours
Closing date: 28 June 2022
Job Context: This is a fixed term post continuing NRW’s advice work for Welsh Government’s Access Reform Programme. This post is to provide specialist advice for NRW’s access reform advice. The role will require leading and managing the preparation of NRW’s advice in relation to access legislation reform, working with Welsh Government (WG), partners and sectoral interests on the process for and development of advice about WG’s access reform proposals. Translation of Welsh & UK Government policy into the development of legislation. You will work with colleagues from other teams in EPP and Operations, officials from Welsh Government and sector representatives.
The post holder will:
- Contribute to managing the working arrangements for the Access Reform Programme working closely with Welsh Government (WG)
- Contribute to the governance and working arrangements with WG for the Access Reform Programme (ARP);
- Contribute to the working of the ARP NRW-WG Steering Group; provide reports on the programme as necessary for the Group to inform the sterring of the ARP and management of risks
- Work with the NRW Outdoor & Recreation Team’s for developing, managing and delivering the ARP advice work in 2022/23
- Contribute to the development of an ARP work plan for the year setting out the reform advice work priorities and lead delivery of tasks as appropriate
- Contribiute to and lead on occasions the delivery of specific liaison arrangements (internal and external stakeholders) that will be needed to deliver the ARP work plan
- Support the planning of oversee communications actions; lead and deliver communications tasks within the ARP work plan – including working with internal and external stakeholders
- Be responsible for the allocated financial tasks as part of the ARP for the year
- Contribute to the planning of and take responsibility for the delivery of specific ARP reform outputs/deliverables
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to outdoor access and recreation, particularly public rights of way and CRoW open access; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers relevant to the recreation and access reform, and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpreting a range of recreation & access (R&A) and environmental information and data; analysing large data sets.
- Detailed understanding of R&A and land manager responsibilities in relation to the provision of and management of recreation and access and the complex range of drivers and barriers to delivery.
- Knowledge and experience working with/in outdoor access & recreation sector, local authorities, landowners and managers; representatives of outdoor/countryside organisations and voluntary bodies.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and qualifications.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 28/06/2022 Location: Flexible