Vale of Glamorgan Council
Local Places for Nature Assistant
£12.17 - £13.44 per Hour
Temporary / Fixed Term
The Vale of Glamorgan Local Nature Partnership sits within the Countryside Service of the Directorate of Resources. The Local Nature Partnership is hosted by the Council but the primary objective of the Partnership is to further the conservation, awareness and enhancement of nature in the Vale of Glamorgan. It also aims to:
Promote partnership working between key organisations and individuals that protect and enhance nature the Vale of Glamorgan.
About the role
37 hours/week with limited evening and weekend working
Fixed term contract until the 31st of March 2023 but with potential for extension subject to external funding.
Although working across the whole of the Vale the post will be based at home and the Dock Offices, Barry.
Pool vehicles are available, but a car allowance will apply if it is deemed necessary by the council/your manager to use your own car.
The post holder will:
- Support the delivery of the Welsh Government funded Local Places for Nature (LPfN) Grant programme, in particular the Restore and Recreate Green Network project with pilots in Barry, Penarth and Llantwit Major, the Community Grant scheme and the meadows conservation programme.
- Deliver the Biodiversity Grant Scheme for local communities in the Vale including promoting the scheme, liaising and advising applicants, ensuring spend and outcomes, recording feedback and publicising successful projects.
- Work with community groups and individuals to consult and support on enhancing the management and species diversity within green spaces throughout the Vale.
- Monitor budgets and assist in quarterly claims and reporting. Help plan and shape programmes of work and the submission of future proposals under the LPfN fund.
- Encourage volunteering and citizen science as part of the Local Nature Partnership and within organisations and communities in the Vale.
- Attend and report on meetings at local and national levels within the Local Nature Partnership Network and on the delivery of the Local Places for Nature grant fund.
You will need:
- Experience of working in a customer orientated environment.
- Experience of habitat management.
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of networking and maintaining partnerships
- Experience managing budgets.
- IT skills especially Excel.
- Good practical skills in respect of site management and maintenance.
- Ability to drive throughout the Vale.
To apply, click here
Closing date: 28.06.2022
Closing Date: 28/06/2022 Location: Dock Offices, Barry