Work type: Casual
Salary Range: £10.73 p/h
Base: Llyn Brenig
Who we are
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keeps 3 million people healthy each day with safe drinking water and takes away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas. When you work for Welsh Water, you’ll be joining a company full of passionate individuals, who take pride in their work and the business. In return, our dedicated teams are supported, encouraged, nurtured, developed and rewarded.
But, did you know we also have a visitor attraction site at Llyn Brenig which is open all year round. Our Visitor Centre is complete with Café, Osprey Exhibition, Gift Shop, Fishing Shop and Cycle Hub. Come and join our enthusiastic team and work in one of the most beautiful sites in North Wales. Want to see more? Click here to take a look at our website: www.llynbrenig.com
What you’ll be responsible for
This role will see you undertaking a variety of duties, including:
- Working as part of a highly motivated customer facing team, engaging with visitors as an ambassador of Welsh Water, providing visitor information to enable visitors to gain the most from our sites.
- Delivery of the activity program for customers visiting the reservoir, including watersports activities, bike hire and recreational boat hire. Deliver any organised team building programs and land based activities.
- Ensuring maintenance, repair and security of all Welsh Water equipment including a fleet of mountain bikes, kayaks, SUP’s and associated safety equipment such as buoyancy aids and helmets
- Taking part in the team rota that will involve working midweek & weekends in the summer season.
- Ensuring a consistently high-quality visitor experience through delivering commercial activities, balancing our access, recreation, conservation and education responsibilities with revenue generation
- Working proactively as part of a team to set up and pack up on site facilities and provide assistance to all customers using the equipment at the Centre.
- Enforce and ensure the safety of all persons on site, including all water and land-based customers, recording and reporting within the ASSURE system positive interventions and incidents.
- As DCWW’s local representative, developing & building positive relationships with the local community. Supporting the delivery of a marketing communications plan using a range of media to grow awareness, drive footfall and commercial revenue streams
- Ensuring as a business we are compliant through training and development, legislation and that we meet our social and corporate responsibilities & companywide procedures.
- Carry out any other tasks as required for the effective management of the site, as directed by the Visitor Experience Manager.
- UKCC Level 1 Coach or British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor with a statement of competence to lead independently following assessment by a technical expert or British Canoeing Paddlesport Leader
- Experience of delivering events on site both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver an engaging and professional presentation to groups of all ages with varying levels of understanding
- Demonstrable experience of delivering exceptional customer service, both internally and externally Proficient IT skills – MS, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety legislation, implementation, safe working practice & COSHH
- Experience in marketing communications and digital media
- Knowledge of water safety
- Ability to speak Welsh
- First Aid Certificate
- Level 2 Cycle Maintenance
- Qualifications in Recreation or Outdoor Activities
Good to know
- A satisfactory DBS check will be required prior to start date for all successful applicants.
- 4 positions available.
As well as a market competitive salary and 33 days annual leave (pro rata, including public holidays), we offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Variable pay schemes (your salary will always stay the same, but depending on the performance of the company you could receive a yearly bonus)
- Enhanced employer pension contributions – Up to 11%
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Progression opportunities, including the ability to apply for funded training and coaching and mentoring programmes
- Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car-leasing scheme
- Health CashBack scheme
- An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family
Whilst also working for a not-for profit company that truly cares about earning the trust of customers every day and about looking after our beautiful environment.
Delete Date: 22/06/2022 Location: Llyn Brenig