Regent's Park or Hyde Park, London (with extensive travel to other Royal Parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London.
We are now seeking a Volunteer Officer to join our Programmes, Volunteering and Conservation Team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £27,801 - £33,727 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days annual leave pro rata plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
As a Volunteer Officer, you will help support the development and implementation of Volunteer Rangers into the central parks alongside multiple other volunteer programmes. In this role, you will help recruit, train and manage the volunteers. You will also plan and deliver high-quality volunteer days.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with the Volunteer and Programmes Manager to plan, develop, deliver and evaluate other volunteer projects and programmes
- Ensure appropriate and accurate data on volunteers and associated activities are recorded
- Be aware of safeguarding children and adults at risk, and follow guidelines at all times
To join us as a Volunteer Officer, you will need:
- Proven experience of working with, managing, and training volunteers, especially community, visitor engagement, conservation and horticultural volunteers
- Experience in developing and delivering successful volunteer projects and programmes and working with partners
- In depth knowledge and practical skills in conservation, park, horticulture or nature reserve management
- Awareness of equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding
- Excellent presentation skills and be able to deliver volunteer sessions regularly to a consistently high standard
- Relevant degree in Nature Sciences, Conservation, Ecology or a similar subject, or equivalent experience in a relevant subject area
- A valid and current clean UK driving licence
Please note, because this job may involve working with young people and adults at risk, we will ask you to complete an Enhanced DBS check. You must tell us in your application if you have any convictions, bind-overs or cautions, even if they are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Please note that disclosing a conviction does not necessarily bar you from appointment.
The closing date for this opportunity is the 20th June 2021.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 27/06/2021 Location: London