We are pleased to be able to offer a seasonal Ecologist role based near Worcester within our small but dedicated Science Team, with the possibility of the role becoming permanent.
A variable and stimulating role, a large part of which will be ecological surveying and report writing, you will need to have thorough, UK-based knowledge of field botany and zoology.
For this role you should be able to demonstrate a combination of the following:
- A relevant degree in ecology or directly related subject;
- The ability to conduct Phase 1 Habitat Survey/Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and protected species surveys in accordance with recognised guidelines and present results in a concise and well-written report with relevant recommendations.
- Bat licence-holder and the ability to lead bat surveys and recommend appropriate mitigation and compensation measures.
- At least a general knowledge of non-vascular plants and fungi (including lichens);
- Familiarity with/knowledge of all relevant aspects of the British planning system and current regulations (including EU as applied to UK), guidance and best practice as they relate to wildlife and biodiversity.
- CIEEM membership.
- Evidence of commercial awareness and/or experience within a consultancy;
- A clean driving licence and use of your own car, though company u201cpoolu201d vans are available to staff for survey work where required.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Other EPS survey licences highly desirable.
The post will initially be full time until 30th September 2021, with the possibility of the role becoming permanent, subject to market conditions and performance. You will be based at our Martley office but UK travel will be required. COVID-19 Health and Safety requirements will always be met.
Duties will include:
- Ecological field work;
- Scientific (ecological) report, management plan, and associated document writing;
- Meeting clients and their agents on sites;
- Undertaking Phase 1, Phase 2 NVC, ecological site monitoring, and licensed operations for EPS as well as EIA, EcIA, AA, etc.;
- Reporting to the Science Manager regularly;
- Undertaking client and subcontractor liaison where required;
- All the varied work demanded by modern ecological consultancy.
Starting salary will be in the range of £19 - 25k and interviews will be held at our Martley office.
In the first instance, please email your full CV to email@example.com with a cover letter setting out why you think you would be suited to the post (one side of A4).
Delete Date: 23/06/2021 Location: Worcester