The Greensand Trust
Area Ranger (Eastern Sites)
£25k to £27.5k depending on experience and skills
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Greensand Trust. We are looking for someone who can: Supervise the operation and work as a member of the Greensand Trust Ranger Service (east), managing and developing high quality recreational and conservation sites, whilst preserving the special landscape, wildlife and historic aspects of the sites and increasing the publicu2019s awareness of environmental and countryside issues.
To deliver this role successfully, you will need to:
- Have evidence of good people management and leadership, including experience in managing contractors, volunteers and small projects, including budgets
- Have good wildlife identification skills for example
- Habitat and species surveying experience
- Have a full UK Driving licence.
- Significant practical experience in land, conservation and access management, supported by appropriate qualifications (or equivalent level of vocational experience)
- Competence with machinery / equipment such as chainsaw, brush cutter and tractor
- Have excellent communication skills including public presentation
- Have strong organisational skills including work programming
- Have a proven track record of managing and leading on health and safety and environmental compliance
Please see Job Description and person specification for full details click here. For more information, please email Senior Ranger email@example.com or call 07377971790.
Closing Date: 30/06/2021 Location: Central Bedfordshire