Woodland Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen to join the experienced team at Albanwise Environment Ltd. The successful candidate will lead and motivate a small team delivering a commercial return from sustainable woodland management across our estate and for our clients. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills and a passion and enthusiasm for the natural environment.
- Day to day management of a wide range of existing woodlands
- Daily oversight of other woodland team members
- Tree growing, planting and maintenance
- Preparation of risk assessments and on-site health & safety
- Maintenance and operation of equipment & machinery including Tractor, Forwarder, Winch
- Taking a leading role in the development of a tree nursery
- Assisting in the establishment and management of environmental features in the wider landscape
- Emergency out of hours call out to respond to dangerous tree notifications as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of leading a team within a practical forestry environment
- Qualifications in chainsaw operations key to the role e.g.
- NPTC Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- NPTC Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
- NPTC Felling and Processing Medium Trees over 380mm and up to 760mm
- NPTC Forest Machine Operations – Base Machine with Forwarder
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders and clients
- Further relevant qualifications e.g.
- NPTC Dealing with Interwoven Stems and Part Blown Trees
- NPTC Individual Windblown trees
- NPTC Felling and Processing Large Trees over 760mm
- Experience of tree surgery, including climbing & from a MEWP
- Experience of tree growing & planting
- First Aid
What we offer:
- The opportunity for career growth and to develop your role across a large landholding, supported with training tailored to individual needs
- A competitive remuneration package
- Please note this role will involve occasional out of hours working and working away from home at other landholdings.
Further details can be found on our website Albanwise Environment. If you would like an informal discussion about the role call Mike Edwards on 07825 898981. To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date for applications 15th July 2022.
Closing Date: 15/07/2022 Location: Norfolk