Penfold's Woodland Contracting Ltd
Skilled Forest Worker/Team Leader
The job involves carrying out practical activities to establish, maintain and preserve forested areas.
- High Ability to drive a team and meet deadlines.
- Understand and contribute to planning workload
- Manage team and link in with HR in regards to training and any behavioral problems with the team
- Visits site and price up tenders
- Liaise with clients
- Ensure staffing levels are correct for project
- Act as site safety coordinator
- Fully understand the forestry calendar and have tickets for all disciplines
- Carry out On site risk assessments
- Care and maintenance of tools and vehicles
- Reporting any concerns without delay.
The above list is not exhaustive.
Your typical week will consist of 40 hours, Monday to Friday, although some overtime and weekend work may be necessary. There will be a requirement, at times, to work away from the local area necessitating overnight stays away. Some work can be seasonal and longer days may be necessary during peak times.
A clean driving licence is required as this role comes with a vehicle
Skills and Qualities needed:
- Responsible and safety conscious.
- Agile and physically fit.
- Ability to manage a team
- Courteous and professional.
- Tactful when dealing with members of the public.
- Resourceful and mechanically minded.
- Environmentally aware
- Well organised.
- Literate with good basic math\'s skills.
- Persistent and good at solving problems.
- Self motivated and able to work safely at pace.
- Willing to work in all sorts of weather conditions
- Willing to undertake all training as required by PWC
To be considered for the following position, successful applicants should have all of the following :
- Full UK Driving Licence
- PA1/PA6 (Safe handling and application of pesticides)
- Experience in Forestry or related industries
- First Aid training (in date)
- NPTC/LANTRA Brushcutters/Trimmers
- NPTC/LANTRA CS30/31/32
- Tractor Licence (Desirable)
- First Aid + F
Bonus: Approx £3000 in bonus plus pension scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £100.00-£125.00 per day Plus Pension and vehicle
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Not at present
Please apply by email to email@example.com, with CV and covering letter
Delete Date: 01/07/2022 Location: Liphook, Hampshire