Helmsley, North Yorkshire
North York Moors National Park Authority looks after one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles.
We are now looking for a Ranger to lead our team looking after the western part of the National Park on a full-time, permanent, basis.
- Salary of £30,095 - £33,486 per annum, with potential progression to £37,568
- Vehicle provided for work use and commuting
- Up to 29 days’ annual leave, plus eight public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent training and development opportunities
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join our brilliant Ranger team and ensure the essential preservation of our National Park.
In this exciting and varied role as a Ranger, you will deliver a wide range of recreation and conservation project work.
As the face of the western National Park, you will engage with local communities, landowners and interest groups, ensuring they are on board and understand our National Park objectives.
You will also work with our Communications Team to share information about the exciting things going on in your areas in order to encourage more and more visitors to enjoy the Park.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage the condition of Public Rights of Way and organise their maintenance
- Seek out and develop opportunities for income generation and external funding
- Identify opportunities to improve and promote accessibility within the National Park
To be considered as a Ranger, you will need to:
- Inspiring team management skills
- Real enthusiasm for protected landscapes
- Experience of managing budgets, working with funding and delivering projects on time
- Experience of working in partnership with communities, landowners, farmers, Parish Councils and user groups
- Proven knowledge and experience of Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge of legislation affecting access and Public Rights of Way
- A full, valid driving licence
Please note, you will need a flexible attitude to working hours and days and have the willingness to work one weekend in four as part of a Duty Ranger rota.
So, if you’re looking to develop your career in a beautiful location as a Ranger, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 06/07/2022 Location: Helmsley, North Yorkshire