Ministry of Defence
Public Access and Recreation Advisor
Tilshead (Wilts) or Liss, (Hants)
The MOD Estate includes barracks, airfields, naval bases and a vast training estate extending across a range of different landscapes. The Public Access and Recreation Advisor role offers an exciting and unique opportunity to work within a small team delivering the MOD's public access policy.
This challenging role has a diverse portfolio of tasks, requiring a motivated individual who has the confidence to work independently. The role will cover the South East and East as priority regions, but at times require work across the wider estate.
The role supports all areas of work delivered by the Public Access and Recreation Advisory Team including:
- working with an array of stakeholders, statutory bodies, Non-Govt Organisations and the public;
- identifying, planning and supporting implementation of public access and recreation projects under the annual Conservation Stewardship Fund;
- providing advice and support for public access and recreation related queries and projects;
- presenting to internal and external stakeholders;
- producing information and articles for a variety of audiences;
- reviewing and supporting production of internal guidance on matters of public access and recreation management.
- Assist in providing specialist advice on all issues relating to public access and recreation on the MOD estate including public rights of way, informal access management, information and interpretation;
- Identify, plan and support delivery of projects under the annual Conservation Stewardship Fund;
- Monitor compliance with MOD and DIO policy, instructions and guidance; make recommendations to improve compliance and operational efficiency;
- Cultivate and nurture close working partnerships with strategic partners and contractors;
- Deliver, review and support public access and recreation information provision across the MOD estate including: on-site interpretation/information signage, online material and paper publications;
- Provide public access and recreation expertise to the Byelaw Review Project on issues including: legal guidance, recommendations on public access management and information signage;
- Ensure that delegated Ministerial or Parliamentary Enquiries, FOI, Treat Official and similar correspondence are completed on time and to the required standard;
- Promote strong working relationships both within the team and across DIO and MOD.
You will be required to sign the Official Secrets Act.
Occasional travel to various MOD locations, some of which may be remote or inaccessible and impractical to reach by public transport will be required: a full UK driving licence is therefore required.
The MOD Discover My Benefits page lists the full set of benefits. Some of the many benefits you will receive include:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme;
- Flexi-time scheme;
- Alternative working practices such as working from home;
- 25 days’ annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 11.55pm on 4 July 2022.
Closing Date: 04/07/2022 Location: Tilshead (Wilts) or Liss, (Hants)