Ornithologist - Associate Director / Principal Consultant
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented and ambitious Associate Director / Principal Ornithologist, in order to support the delivery of a number of exciting infrastructure projects in the UK. Our long established, but still growing team delivers high quality ecological services on complex projects in a variety of sectors including renewables, nuclear, other power, waste, minerals and property. This role can be based in any of our UK offices (Newcastle upon Tyne, Leeds, Glasgow, Shrewsbury, Knutsford, Bristol, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, London or Reading).
Wood offers an excellent salary package, including a company car, a tailored training programme and great opportunities for career progression.
- You will be working within an established team of Ornithologists and Ecologists and will be expected to manage the delivery of ornithology services across a broad variety of projects.
- The main focus of the role will be acting as ornithology technical lead for a range of projects, including technical review of documents, provision of technical advice to clients, liaison with consultees and production of EcIA and HRA reports. Alongside this, you will act as ornithology task manager for major infrastructure / DCO projects, ensuring the successful delivery of survey programmes, accurate collation and presentation of data, technical review of baseline reports and provision of key information to the technical lead.
- You will be responsible for the management and development of a small team of ornithologists. Additional responsibilities will include project management and business development tasks including securing extensions and drafting proposals for new projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant ecological / environmental subject, you will be a competent and highly experienced Ornithologist
- You will ideally have experience in a technical lead role as a consultant ornithologist, with a demonstrable track record for successful delivery from bid stage through to project closure
- Excellent organisational skills are essential, as is experience of managing technical teams
- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management is preferred, though candidates eligible for admission would be considered
For further information or to apply, please visit our website
Delete Date: 12/07/2022 Location: UK wide