Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
Living Landscapes Officer
Salary: £27,625 per annum plus 9.5% pension and other benefits
Hours: Full Time (37hpw)
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic Living Landscapes Officer to help us to deliver nature’s recovery across our Derwent Valley Living Landscape.
Derbyshire Wildlife Trust is committed to using rewilding to restore nature across the county, focussing on 7 main Living Landscape areas. In this role, you’ll lead on developing our Derwent Valley Living Landscape, engaging with community-led action groups to help us in managing our nature reserves, supporting volunteers and working with a wide range of partners.
To be successful you will be experienced in practical land management skills, leading and working with volunteers and able to communicate and inspire the delivery of Derbyshire Wildlife Trust’s key aims to partner organisations and landowners.
In this role, you will:
- Work with partners, neighbours, local communities and members of the public and other organisations to deliver our Nature Recovery Network within the identified Living Landscape. You will identify and implement opportunities to integrate nature reserve management activities into wider Nature Recovery Network objectives.
- Draw up and develop management plans for nature reserves, setting and agreeing objectives for people and wildlife for the reserve in line with Derbyshire Wildlife Trusts vision.
- Support and facilitate the delivery of nature reserve management plans by ensuring an annual work plan, activity programmes and appropriate site monitoring at our nature reserves and other focal sites across the Living Landscape are in place and by facilitating volunteers, community groups and contractors to implement these plans.
- Use your skills to inspire others to deliver high quality land management to help the Trust achieve its aim of 30% of Derbyshire in positive management for wildlife by 2030.
- Work with a range of partners on collaborative and landscape scale ecological projects in an inclusive and inspiring way.
For more information and to apply, please refer to our website www.derbyshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/jobs
Closing Date: 03/07/2022 Location: Matlock, Derbyshire