Castle Howard Estate
Salary - £21,000 - £23,000 per annum dependent on experience
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Castle Howard is a magnificent 18th century residence set within 8000 acres of breathtaking landscape in the Howardian Hills, an area of outstanding natural beauty in the heart of North Yorkshire. Located 15 miles from the historical city of York; with world-renowned collections, stunning architecture, idyllic gardens and a year round events calendar Castle Howard is an inspirational environment to be part of and bring visitors to.
We are seeking a strong administrator to work within the Forestry and Tree Nursery departments ensuring that all processes and procedures are followed in a timely manner. This is a varied role that will involve dealing with customers, preparing and processing applications to different industry relevant organisations and providing health and safety support to the Forestry Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong IT, office management and communication skills and have an interest in conservation.
Responsible for implementing all aspects of administration support to the Forestry Manager, ensuring that all processes and procedures are followed through in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for customer enquiries to the Tree Nursery – producing customer quotes, taking orders and payments.
- Track stock and sales including producing plant passport labels and customer labels and ordering products.
- Manage record keeping for the Tree Nursery including traceability records.
- Organise customs clearance for imports, pre-notifying plant health authorities and applying for plant passports on external systems.
- Produce nursery catalogues.
- Prepare and process felling documents including licence and tender applications and contractor packs for operations.
- Prepare and process Forest Reproductive Material (FRM) notifications and applications, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and process tree works applications to Ryedale Council.
- Ensure forestry records are kept up to date including management plans, operational monitoring, compartment records, vehicle records, tree incident records, tree inspection works progress, contractor certificates etc.
- Work alongside our external health and safety consultant, reviewing and actioning documents and ensuring all health and safety supplies are correct.
- Be the point of contact for firewood sales including booking order, processing payments.
- Prepare, match and check departmental invoices against delivery notes/purchase orders for authorisation and process invoices in a timely manner
- Assist with other duties as and when required.
To apply please visit our website here
Closing Date: 10/07/2022 Location: York, North Yorkshire