Epping Forest District Council
Countrycare Team at Epping Forest District Council
Salary range £26,608 - £29,486.
Hours: 36 per week.
Holiday entitlement 28 days pa.
Based in Waltham Abbey, Essex.
A full clean driving licence is required.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Council’s Countrycare Service for a suitably experienced, qualified and enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Countryside Officer. This varied and rewarding role would involve managing several EFDC and privately-owned nature reserves across the District, covering habitats such as lowland heathland, wet grassland, ancient woodland and wildflower meadows.
You would be responsible for supporting the Countrycare Team, which includes:
- the delivery of countryside management projects on Local Nature Reserves, Local Wildlife Sites and other sites of habitat value in the District with the objective of increasing biodiversity for wildlife and access for people.
- estate maintenance tasks such as building bridges, benches, fences, gates and hibernacula.
- ecological surveying to inform management plans and habitat management, such as UK Butterfly Monitoring Scheme, Special Roadside Verges and Wetland Bird Surveys.
- supporting the recruitment, training, organization and supervision (including health and safety) of volunteers in practical tasks.
- interpreting the countryside and awareness-raising through events, guided walks, working with schools and community organisations and Tree Wardens.
- representing the Council at internal, external and partnership meetings where appropriate.
- securing grant funding on a project by project basis as appropriate to achieve the Service’s aims.
- the maintenance of records, risk assessments, procurement, publicity and social media.
- assisting in the resolution of complaints and responding to enquiries from internal and external bodies.
- being responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others including maintenance and use of power tools, vehicles, transportation of goods and personnel both in the workshop, yard and on sites.
Please quote ref: 2000BVQ
Closing date for applications: 10/7/22.
Interviews week commencing: 18/7/22.
For more information and to apply go to the Jobs and Careers section of www.eppingforestdc.gov.uk
Closing Date: 10/07/2022 Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex