Associate Director (Ecology)
ADAS is seeking an Associate Director to join our Ecology team on a full-time or part-time (3 days per week) permanent basis. This is a mixed home and office-based role.
Location is flexible, applicants must be commutable to one of our offices including Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Leeds, Oxford, Wigan and Wolverhampton.
ADAS has over 75 years of experience within the consultancy and research sectors. Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
We also want to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
- Working together with our existing Associate Directors and Directors to ensure high-quality service is delivered to our clients
- Completing, overseeing, and supporting bids and tenders across the wider national team
- Business development, client liaison and establishing new clients
- Growing, leading, and developing teams and supporting and training junior staff on protected species licencing
- Technical ecological support including writing and holding EPS mitigation licences
- Writing of technical reports including but not limited to, Ecological Impact Assessments, Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements, Mitigation Strategies and Biodiversity Management Plans, Habitat Regulations Assessments Screening reports and protected species reports
- Representing the wider environment team at networking events, delivering internal and external presentations, speaking at events
- Recent and in-depth experience of working in the environment and ecology sector
- Full CIEEM membership or above
- Experience in business development including bid support
- Hold individual and class protected species licences (particularly Hazel Dormouse)
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation and survey techniques and Net Gain calculations
- Excellent written communication skills and be able to produce and review accurate technical reports and tenders
- A full driving licence, access to your own vehicle and be commutable to one of our offices
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
For more information and to apply click here
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 05/07/2022 Location: Flexible