The Future Forest Company
Assistant Business Development Manager - Scotland
The Future Forest Company
Do you want the most meaningful job of your career? The Future Forest Company are on a mission to tackle the greatest challenge of our time: climate change. We are a fast-growing for-profit business that is already one of the biggest carbon removal companies in the world. But this is only the start - we have ambitious plans aligned with great funding, excellent people and an inclusive team. You too could make your mark and be part of something huge.
About the Role
As the Assistant Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the enduring relationships which underpin the land access partnerships for our EW operations. You will identify land owners and managers in our future project areas, negotiate for access, plan distribution, and manage operational activity in concert with the Business Development Manager.
The role requires a good understanding of agricultural practice, superb interpersonal skills and a passionate approach to innovation in agriculture. The individual will be entrepreneurial and equally comfortable working alone or in small teams, spending considerable time on site representing the Future Forest Company with partners and contractors.
What will you do
- Build local and regional networks of landowners and land managers, negotiating access to land for enhanced weathering operations.
- Plan basalt spreading, accounting for seasonality in agricultural practice, weather and ground conditions.
- Partner with agricultural contractors to deliver spreading operations.
- Represent the Future Forest Company at trade shows, fairs and exhibitions.
- Monitor and report on partnerships, spreading operations, and land access development.
- Manage and maintain long-term partnerships for the Future Forest Company.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling Future Forest Company products and services, actively working across disciplinary boundaries to create sales.
- Identify opportunities to support community projects and initiatives aligned to the Future Forest Company purpose.
- Contribute to the development and direction of the Future Forest Company.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic self-starter with an endless desire to learn, great interpersonal skills and an ability to think beyond the immediate issues of the day.
- Relevant experience in the field such as farm manager, agricultural consultant or agricultural contractor.
- Ability to manage a broad scope of work, running several projects concurrently while planning several months ahead.
- Experience in contract negotiation or business development.
- Ability to use basic information technology to plan and execute projects and programmes (Excel minimum).
- Ability to work alone with limited direction whilst contributing to team goals.
- Full driving license.
- Excellent communication and the ability to adapt to diverse audiences.
- Strong Business acumen
- Desire to help solve the climate crisis.
- Excellent Interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Pioneering perspective and passionate about continuous improvement
- Experience in regenerative agriculture.
- Established agricultural networks in the central belt and eastern Scotland.
- Understanding of the environmental regulatory framework in Scotland.
- Familiarity with Scottish agricultural policy and how it is developed.
What you get
- Salary dependent on experience, up to £27k - £35k
- Shares in The Future Forest Company
- Annual reviews
- Individual development budget
- Professional membership fees paid for
- Performance building framework
- Remote and flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced Family Policies
- Industry leading pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential helpful for you and your family. Financial, wellbeing and emotional support available
- Company sick pay and emergency leave
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply via our website here
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for the best candidate based on the value they can add. Our culture is hugely important to us and we welcome applicants of all race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage all candidates who believe they have the required skills and experience for any of our roles to apply. We also welcome applications from candidates who have a keen interest and passion for fighting climate change.
Delete Date: 05/07/2022 Location: Scotland