Sustainable Landscapes Officer
Location: RSPB Cymru - HQ
Salary: £25,280.00 - £28,045.00 Per Annum
Duration: 6 months
Can you inspire and bring together others to develop, shape and advocate sustainable farming systems and ecosystem services for Wales’ countryside that will deliver for nature and people? Do you want to help sustain the Gwent Levels' historic landscape working with a highly skilled, motivated and enthusiastic team?
Our vision is for a sustainable food and farming system that is good for people and good for nature. We want to see a system of farming across the Levels that sustains and restores farmland biodiversity as well as producing safe, healthy food, protects the natural resources of soil, air and water that farming itself depends on, provides income and employment for farmers and other workers in rural areas and contributing to a diverse rural economy.
What is the role about?
Working in partnership to deliver projects that demonstrate and support sustainable land management, seek to positively influence future land management policy and establish and demonstrate potential delivery mechanisms within the context of the local landscape.
The main duties will include:
- Working with stakeholders, including project partners, farmers/land managers, education institutions, business and local communities to deliver the project goals.
- Coordinate and integrate positive actions for nature and natural resources on a small number of farms to develop examples of ‘best practice’.
- Help appoint appropriate external contractors/consultants and manage ongoing relationships with contractors/consultants and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of contracted work.
- Contribute to, and coordinate the production of project reports, briefings and other material to further project objectives, especially Best Practice Advice and Guidance.
- Work with relevant project/partner staff to facilitate and deliver stakeholder engagement activities.
- Develop and deliver, in conjunction with project/partner staff and stakeholders, an advocacy strategy to disseminate project findings to key audiences including decision makers.
- Working with colleagues to ensure project aims, outputs and outcomes are closely aligned with those of the RSPB.
- Give talks and attend demonstrations and events designed to promote the project.
- Deal with media & general enquiries regarding the project.
- Provide articles promoting the work of the project as necessary.
- Liaise with other similar projects.
Closing date: 23:59, 01 July 2021
Closing Date: 01/07/2021 Location: RSPB Cymru - HQ