Head of Climate Change & Carbon Reduction
North York Moors National Park Authority looks after one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles. Filled with picture book towns and villages, hideaways, beautiful moorlands and breath-taking scenery, the North York Moors is a unique area with diversity and ecosystems that are found nowhere else in the UK.
We are now looking for a Head of Climate Change & Carbon Reduction to lead our team in Helmsley on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £39,880 - £42,821 per annum
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- 24 days’ annual leave, rising annually by one day, to 29 days after 5 years’ service, plus 8 public holidays
As the Head of Climate Change & Carbon Reduction, you will direct the efforts of the National Park in taking strides towards a more sustainable future with the aim of achieving carbon negativity by 2040.
To assist us in creating environmentally positive changes to our organisation, you will lead the practical and technical delivery of climate change action and mitigation, including overseeing the work of our Woodland and Peat restoration teams. You will develop a range of activities that provide support and guidance on reducing CO2e emissions in the National Park.
To be considered as the Head of Climate Change & Carbon Reduction, you will need:
- Experience managing project teams, individuals and volunteers
- Experience carrying out focused research and information gathering, as well as outstanding analytical skills
- Experience using data from a variety of publicly available sources to evidence and aid decision making
- Experience developing plans, targets and monitoring performance indicators
- Experience working across teams and departments
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- An excellent understanding of the challenges posed by climate change within the UK
- Knowledge of the diverse range of operations that result in CO2e emissions and the scale/scope of these
- An understanding of the aims, purposes and priorities of the North York Moors National Park Authority
- To be educated to degree level or possess a comparable qualification and/or professional experience
Experience of managing projects or programmes and reporting on progress would be beneficial to your application. Knowledge of the Carbon Offsetting market would also be advantageous, as would membership of a relevant professional institute and/or evidence of continued professional development.
Closing Date: 30/01/2022 Location: Helmsley, York