Helmsley, North Yorkshire (and hybrid working)
North York Moors National Park Authority looks after one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles.
We are now looking for a Conversation Officer to join our team in Helmsley on a full-time basis, working 37 hours a week.
- Salary of £25,991 (Pay award pending)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- 24 days’ annual leave, rising annually by one day, to 29 days after 5 years’ service, plus 8 public holidays
As a Conservation Officer, you will support conservation work across the National Park and specifically on our Levisham Estate.
Working with land managers, you will oversee the delivery of conservation agreements to enhance the biodiversity of the National Park, which will involve negotiating management actions and undertaking site visits.
You will assist in managing conservation focussed volunteer activities across the National Park, supporting the inclusion of volunteers with work to enhance the natural environment and to develop and promote new opportunities.
Assisting in the administration of conservation grant schemes, you will offer suggestions on creating more sustainable, eco-friendly management solutions to land managers.
Additionally, you will provide support and guidance to our Conservation Trainee, aiding them in developing their skills and encouraging ownership and responsibility.
To be considered as a Conservation Officer, you will need:
- Relevant experience of working in rural areas with land managers, volunteers, partner organisations and communities in implementing countryside conservation projects
- Experience of working with volunteers and especially the line management required to manage a range of individuals and groups completing various tasks
- Experience of following finance and procurement protocols, and managing contracts and consultants undertaking remote activities
- Ecological understanding of protected sites and species and scheduled monuments
- Working knowledge of GIS packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in ecology or related subject and at least 3 years’ experience in a relevant field
Specific knowledge of practical moorland management would be useful but not essential.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
The closing date for this position is 30th January 2022.
So, if you’re ready to take your next step as a Conservation Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 30/01/2022 Location: Helmsley, North Yorkshire (and hybrid working)