Danby, Whitby, North Yorkshire
The North York Moors National Park Authority looks after and promotes one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles. Filled with breath taking scenery, magnificent wildlife, picture book villages and a dramatic coastline, the North York Moors boasts some of the most diverse landscapes in the UK.
- Salary of £25,119 - £27,803, with potential progression to £31,364
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus public holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
As a Maintenance Ranger, you will develop and deliver a programme of maintenance and enhancements for public rights of way (PROW) and access areas across the National Park.
Helping to train, motivate and manage a dedicated team of volunteers, you will assist with the delivery of PROW maintenance and other work programmes.
You will also develop and maintain good working relationships with landowners and managers, local communities and user groups.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop the team’s expertise in approaches to maintenance and restoration
- Ensure the availability of materials, equipment and other resources
- Ensure work is carried out following our values, health and safety and equalities policies
To be considered as a Maintenance Ranger, you will need:
- Experience carrying out a range of practical land management tasks
- Practical estate experience in a wide range of areas
- To be certified in the use of powered tools and equipment, ideally including chainsaws and mini diggers
- A positive attitude to working with volunteers
- A full, valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Rights of Way Officer, National Park Ranger, Maintenance Co-ordinator, Ranger, Countryside Maintenance Ranger, or Land Maintenance Ranger.
The closing date for this role is the 27th February 2024.
Webrecruit and North York Moors National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to play a vital role in helping a historic area of beauty as a Maintenance Ranger, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 27/02/2024 Location: Danby, Whitby, North Yorkshire