This is an apprenticeship type role
Environmental & Conservation Apprentice - Level 2
Salary: BCP Apprentice wage for first 12 months £15,432 p.a. then NMW
Dynamics Position Number: 106381
Contract: Type Fixed Term - 18 months
Closing Date: 26 February, 2024
Job Category: Apprenticeships
Business Unit: Commercial Operations
Location: Poole, United Kingdom
- To assist with the maintenance of the estate including the management and development of the estate’s natural habitats
- To assist when required, with the maintenance of horticultural areas.
- To work closely with and at times lead our volunteer team
- To carry out general tasks to a high standard
- To participate in a 7-day, core hour working rota to ensure site presence, public safety and enjoyment of the Country Park and House,
- To build positive relationships with managers, staff, stakeholders, partners, service providers and customers.
- To develop knowledge and skills by fully participating in the management of the park and attending days at college, as specified by the college timetable.
- To attend Sparsholt College sessions at the time and location required
- To assist with management and maintenance of the estates natural habitats and wildlife.
- To assist when required with management of the horticultural areas,
- Complete general estate maintenance tasks to a high standard
- Assist with the maintenance and cleaning of tools and vehicles
- Actively participate in the UCP rota to ensure and oversee the smooth daily running of Upton Country Park and House.
- Respond to emergencies as appropriate.
- Regularly attend college, as required by the course timetable.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of UCP facilities.
- Assist with maintenance and inspection of the outdoor structures, play equipment, water features and other equipment/fixtures, carrying out daily/ weekly site checks as required.
- Assist with patrols of UCP, providing a high quality customer focused service through advice and information whilst also encouraging visitors to behave in a responsible manner and obey relevant byelaws and codes of practice.
- Assist with volunteer involvement in site management.
- Assist, as appropriate, with bookings, weddings, events and activities including the giving of practical demonstrations of estate skills, conducting guided walks/slide talks and assisting with educational activities.
- To work towards the Council's vision, objectives and core values.
The Ideal Candidate:
- No formal experience is necessary; however a genuine interest in conservation is essential
- A basic understanding of the countryside and conservation
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for the level 2 apprenticeship.
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Maths at grade C or above
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weathers.
- Flexible approach, with the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Willingness to work with members of the public and volunteers, including leading volunteer tasks and guided walks
- Able to meet the requirements of traveling to Sparsholt College and other areas for formal lessons
For an informal discussion please contact Adam Butcher at email@example.com
For further information and to apply, please click here
About BCP Council
BCP Council provides services to a diverse community of 400,000 residents and employs more than 5,000 people. Our area includes over 15 miles of beautiful world-renowned coastline. We can offer career defining roles to transform and improve services. By working with us, you can help deliver a vision of a thriving, word-class, prosperous and inclusive place for generations to come.
We offer an excellent benefits package to colleagues. Find out more on our website.
As a result of the creation of BCP Council in 2019, we are working on simplifying our terms and conditions of service and will be creating a single pay structure which is to be applicable for all employees. It is important to us that we offer benefits that our colleagues value as part of their total employment package and we are reviewing these to make sure we have it right. We are in the process of establishing a timescale for implementation and colleagues joining us will be included in these changes. This is expected to be in place in 2024.
Jobs and careers with BCP Council
Closing Date: 26/02/2024 Location: Poole