Senior Land Advisor
Stoke Climsland, Callington (hybrid working available)
Westcountry Rivers Trust (WRT) is an environmental charity dedicated to restoring and protecting the region’s rivers, lakes, estuaries and coastal areas.
We’re now looking for a Senior Land Advisor to join our team on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £27,280 - £31,830 per annum (DOE and opportunity for annual incremental progression)
- Pension scheme (9% employer contribution)
- Great benefits
This is the perfect opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic land advisor with an excellent grasp of catchment-scale approaches and processes to join our team and lead on a range of water quality and habitat improvement work.
As a Senior Land Advisor, you will join our team delivering water quality and biodiversity improvements in key catchments in the South West.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and delivering tailored farm advice and plans
- Proactively developing leads and contacts and building on WRT’s existing coverage across the catchments
- Offering advice and signposting to grant funding
- Suggesting and supporting infrastructure enhancements and improvements
To be considered as a Senior Land Advisor, you will need:
- Experience in managing projects from set up to completion
- Experience of catchment-scale approaches and processes
- Familiarity with concepts of Ecosystem Services, Natural Capital, Natural Flood Management and Nature based Solutions
- Sound knowledge of agriculture and local farming practices including Agri-Environment schemes and relevant policies and legislation, in particular soil and water conservation
- Confidence and competence in delivery of tailored farm advice, interpretation and feedback of data e.g. nutrient plans, soil data
- Adaptable and organised in prioritising workload, managing conflicting demands and working effectively to deadlines with minimum supervision
- An appropriate degree level qualification (or equivalent work experience) in an Agricultural or conservation/farming related discipline
Proven experience in handling Countryside Stewardship or Woodland Grant applications would be beneficial to your application but not essential.
If you feel you don’t have the experience to be a Senior Land Advisor, we may have future opportunities for a Land Advisor, so please do get in touch.
So, if you’re ready to take on your next role as a Senior Land Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 04/02/2022 Location: Callington