Project Manager - Orkney Native Wildlife Project
We are looking for an inspiring leader and experienced project and people manager to manage the Orkney Native Wildlife Project team to deliver a ground-breaking non-native species eradication project. Experience in delivering complex projects or programmes on the ground is essential and knowledge (ideally first-hand) of non-native species eradication is an advantage.
Orkney Native Wildlife Project - Project Manager
Location: ONWP Office - Kirkwall
Salary: £34,643 to £37,530 per annum
Hours: Full time
Contract: Fixed Term - 4 years
- be responsible for managing staff to deliver the project in accordance with an agreed project plan
- be responsible for reporting to a project steering group to ensure they are informed and can make effective decisions.
- coordinate and support the delivery of all elements of the project, including the eradication, bio-security measures, community activities, native wildlife monitoring, young ambassadors’ activities as well as financial management and reporting.
- have experience of working with local communities in a collaborative and sensitive way.
- be skilled in leadership and management of staff.
Key tasks will include:
- Responsibility for delivering all project outputs and outcomes and the delivery of change where required
- Setting direction for and motivating and inspiring a large team
- Inspiring confidence in all internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring stakeholder support and engagement is maintained throughout the project's lifetime
- Identifying and highlighting emerging risks and issues and advising on mitigation to the steering group
- Securing a lasting legacy for the project
Closing: 28 February
We will be conducting a rolling programme of short-listing and interviewing and reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, click here to be directed to our website.