Wardell Armstrong LLP
Wardell Armstrong (WA) is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious Ecologist to expand our ecological team at our main office in Stoke-on-Trent. The ecology team works alongside other environmental professionals within WA, including planners, archaeologists, arborists and landscape architects. In this role, you will assist with the following:
- Habitat surveys and preliminary site assessments.
- Various protected species surveys, including bats, badger, water vole, reptiles and amphibians.
- Reporting, including desk-top studies.
- Data analysis.
- Mitigation schemes and
- Ecological supervision on sites.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about ecology and must be committed to seeking beneficial ecological solutions for development activities. We would expect candidates to have:
- Practical experience in ecological field work.
- A minimum qualification of a BSc (Hons) in Ecology, or similar accredited course.
- A full driving licence.
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work, to meet demands at peak times. As the role is likely to involve occasional longer and / or unsociable hours, a willingness to undertake moderate (significant at times) travel to sites within the UK is essential.
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
This vacancy is being advertised as an entry level position, however salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.