Ecologist / Senior Ecologist
Full time, part time or job share
We welcome applications from experienced ecologists to join our expanding ecology team.
This exciting new post would allow you to work as part of a small ecological consultancy and to lead on projects including Ecological Surveys and Impact Assessment, Biodiversity Net Gain and Monitoring, Agricultural Land Management advice, Reporting and a range of other ecological services. You would lead your own projects and work with the wider team to expand our services. In this role you would work closely with our farm consultancy partners.
Although this role will include both field and office elements and will include some travel, we are keen to support a healthy work/life balance and are open to flexible working solutions.
- Liaising with project stakeholders
- Undertaking and overseeing ecological surveys including UKHab, extended phase one and protected species surveys.
- Producing and overseeing BNG assessments
- Producing complex technical reports such as BNG reports, PEA reports, protected species reports, Habitat Management Plans and EcIAs.
- Line management and mentoring of junior ecologists
- Managing projects with ability to track financial progress
Essential skills and experience
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology and survey techniques.
- Confident in undertaking Phase 1 habitats, UKHab surveys with good botanical skills.
- A strong knowledge of UK wildlife legislation and understanding of how to apply it correctly
- High attention to detail, especially in technical reporting
- Experience of project and line management
- Ability to prioritise workloads and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Enthusiastic about liaising with a range of clients
- Keen to provide pragmatic ecological advice and land management solutions
- Clear and consistent communication skills
- A relevant bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- At least 4 years of demonstrable consultancy experience (or equivalent).
- Hold a full UK driving license
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of writing and reviewing risk assessment and method statements for safe site work.
- Data analysis and mapping using GIS
- Managing projects
- Contributing towards bids, tenders and budget and project finance management.
- Completion of BNG metric training
- Protected species licence holder
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management (ideally Associate)
Salary dependent on experience but in the region of £28,000-£40,000.
Location: Nationwide fieldwork. Office location is flexible with options across the south of England.
To apply please send a concise cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this role.
Closing date: 29/12/23
Closing Date: 29/12/2023 Location: Nationwide fieldwork