Recreation Crafts Person
Salary: £23,098 - £23,098
Contract type: Permanent
Wendover Woods, Upper Icknield Way, Aston Clinton, HP22 5NQ
Successful candidate will help to inspect and maintain recreation facilities and forest environment by working with colleagues both in and outside of your immediate team.
Completing maintenance repairs, vegetation management and contracts, supporting the delivery and coordination of tree safety inspections and works.
Working as part of a team you will support practical recreation delivery and forest management at Wendover Woods. You’ll help to inspect and maintain recreation facilities such as play equipment, trails (Cycling, walking and running) and forest the environment through vegetation management and tree safety by working with colleagues both in and outside of your immediate team.
You will need to use your own initiative to plan work and achieve results.
You will support across the site by being part of the duty site manager team.
Provide support to events and permissions taking place to ensure they are delivered safely without impacting operational workings of the forests.
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture within the site team and ensure your behaviour matches Forestry England’s values, attitudes and commitment to Health & Safety.
- Understand and comply with legislation, policy and promote best practice by following relevant guidance.
- Compete regular inspections to ensure the safety of recreation facilities.
- Undertake practical maintenance work to recreation facilities, ensuring they are planned and conducted in compliance with our health & safety policies.
- Undertake forest estate management operations, including vegetation clearance along recreation trails and in car parks, pruning and fencing.
- Work with supervisors and managers to complete annual Tree Safety Checks.
- Work effectively as part of a team, and when requested respond quickly to unexpected work and requests raised by supervisors and managers.
- Be welcoming, enthusiastic and approachable, with a willingness to engage with team discussion and with visitors to the forest in a polite and appropriate manner.
- Support with clearing fly-tipping and litter picking to ensure forests are welcoming and safe.
- Support volunteers who wish to contribute towards the maintenance of the recreation offer.
- Support event delivery by both Forestry England and third parties, assisting where necessary.
- Be prepared to respond to minor and serious incidents and know what procedures to follow. Record accidents, incidents and near misses using Eco-online.
- Be part of the Site Duty manager team and support the wider beat where necessary.
For more information and to apply, click here
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 4th December 2022
Closing Date: 04/12/2022 Location: Wendover Woods, Upper Icknield Way, Aston Clinton, HP22 5NQ