Project Officer - Hydes Heath
Hydes Heath Project Officer
Salary: £23,939-£26,558 Per Annum
Hours: Full Time
Duration: Until 31st December 2023
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave, pro-rata
If you’re looking for a job where you'll be surrounded by nature and natural beauty and have the opportunity to work with a wide range of people then this could be the role for you. Based at RSPB Arne, a stunning nature reserve covering the Arne peninsula in Poole Harbour, Dorset, you'll engage with visitors, volunteers, health professionals and partners to deliver the wide-ranging activity programme of our National Lottery Heritage Funded “Protecting Hydes Heath” Project.
As Project Officer, you'll be responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating a diverse activity programme aimed at engaging families and young children, young adults, people with health and wellbeing needs and volunteers. You'll work to make the reserve more accessible, both physically and digitally.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a programme of activities and events aimed at engaging families, young children, young adults and people with physical and mental health needs
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a shuttle bus service to make RSPB Arne more accessible to those without a car.
- Working with Health Professionals to promote and evaluate green social prescribing
- Managing the project spend within budget
- Reporting to the project funder, National Lottery Heritage Fund, including financial claims and the final project report.
- Working with RSPB Arne staff and volunteers, project partners and health professionals to deliver the activity programme.
- You'll have excellent organisational skills to be able to plan, deliver and evaluate a range of activities
- Track record of relationship building and working in effective partnerships
- Excellent written communication
- Experience of designing and delivering family activities, planning and/or supervising practical conservation tasks
- Knowledge of and some experience or aptitude for budget management and project evaluation is desirable
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Competent IT user e.g. MS packages, Outlook etc.
- Skills relevant to the specific aims and objectives of the project.
- Ability to produce written communications.
- Problem solving skills and ability to find creative solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Report writing
- Working with project teams and stakeholders
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional project team
Closing Date: 23:59, Sun, 4th Dec 2022
We're looking to conduct interviews for this position from 15th December 2022
To complete your online application please CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 04/12/2022 Location: Arne, Wareham, BH20 5BJ