Location: Polesden Lacey
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Closing Date: 04-Dec-2022
Salary: £29,640 per annum
Are you passionate about connecting people with the outdoors and caring for nature?
First interviews: 15 December
You’ll be leading and managing a team of three rangers and around 50 volunteers. The garden and outdoors teams work closely together and are based in the same office.
As part of the Property Leadership Team, you'll be a Duty Manager for the property and will need to work a minimum of three weekend days per month.
The role is based on property with occasional home working. We are just four miles outside of Dorking, however you're likely to need your own transport to get here.
Click here for more information about this location
What you'll be doing
- Creating and implementing an overall vision for the estate in collaboration with other key internal stakeholders, considering different users’ needs as well as the history of the estate and its importance for nature.
- Undertaking practical conservation and land management, overseeing high standards of presentation and nature conservation across all areas of the estate.
- Fostering excellent communication with visitors and the public on both land management and nature conservation, through our dedicated volunteer teams, events, and collaborating with our visitor experience and communications teams.
- Working collaboratively to identify funding and resources to deliver enhancements, improvements, and projects.
- Managing estate budgets and collaborating with the General Manager and other relevant teams to share project budgets.
- Setting and leading standards relating to environmental practice, in line with the National Trust's values.
- Responsible for compliance including the health and safety of your team, tree safety, and environmental management.
Who we're looking for
- You put people first: whether it’s your own team, your colleagues, volunteers or visitors, you are naturally people focussed and a great communicator.
- You see the big picture: there are lots of different priorities across the estate, you’ll need to be comfortable with balancing different needs and levels of significance.
- You know that little details make a big difference: you have high standards when it comes to presentation, and you lead your team to strive for the same.
- You are both a leader and a team player: to excel in this role, you’ll need to inspire you team, but also work closely with your colleagues on property and in whole Trust teams to achieve collective goals.
- You are passionate about connecting people and place: we welcome many thousands of visitors every year.
Closing Date: 04/12/2022 Location: Polesden Lacey