Eight Associates is looking for a Principal Ecologist to join our award winning team.
Eight Associates has a unique opportunity for a Principal Ecologist to grow and shape the ecology service in London, Bristol and Manchester. You will also be a key part of the innovative carbon offsetting team, developing robust partnerships and biodiversity offsetting projects and opportunities in the UK and internationally. You will have the freedom and flexibility to implement your ideas and the support to make the role your own whilst developing and expanding the ecology service.
About the role:
- Shape the future of the ecology service, undertaking all aspects of ecology consultancy including line management responsibility
- Excellent project manager and client relationship skills, managing a portfolio of projects across a range of developments
- Pragmatic approach to habitat and protected species surveys, experience of survey design and a mature and technical report writer
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years ecological consultancy experience
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Hold at least 3 protected species licences
- A superb communicator; able to build networks and develop relationships with clients and design teams
- Thorough understanding of UK and EU legislation, planning policy and best practice
- Experience in designing and carrying out protected species surveys in a range of locations
- Experience managing junior team members
- Understanding and application of Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM 2018 ecology reports
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, including financial aspects such as writing fee proposals and tender bids
- Able to provide the best possible advice for clients, with an innovative, solutions driven approach
About Eight Associates:
- A holistic sustainability consultancy with the expertise to deliver strategy, planning, implementation, and compliance.
- Friendly, award-winning, passionate, energetic team
- Multi-disciplinary sustainability consultancy in the built environment
- Broad range of clients and many exciting new development projects
- Working towards a sustainable future
Eight Associates has a unique and supportive team ethos. We provide flexible working arrangements, a TOIL policy throughout the survey season and dedicated time off in the winter with the option of longer sabbaticals. We offer a benefits package that includes a generous annual leave package in addition to free gym membership, a dedicated training budget and a profit share bonus scheme.
If you are an experienced Principal Ecologist with the drive and ambition to use your expertise and networking skills to grow an ecology service and would like to know more about joining our team, please get in touch.
Please send your CV and covering letter in PDF format with the subject line 'Principal Ecologist Role', quoting your availability and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our websites for more information: www.eightassociates.co.uk and www.naturalcarbonsolutions.co.uk
Please note all applicants are required to provide evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK before employment.
Closing Date: 14/12/2021 Location: London