Lee Valley Regional Park Authority
Customer Service Officer – Wildlife Discovery Centre (WDC)
£24,159 - £29,017 (Pro-Rata) per annum, plus flexible benefits
30 hours per week (Monday – Sunday Shift Rota but mainly Mon-Fri)
The award-winning Lee Valley Regional Park stretches an incredible 26 miles along the leafy banks of the River Lee, from Ware in Hertfordshire, through Essex, to the Thames at East India Dock Basin. The park provides a unique 'natural' corridor on London’s doorstep and provides a vital refuge for wildlife. It contains a variety of landscapes and open spaces to enjoy, from industrial heritage sites and nature reserves, to a 1,000 acre country park and Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), the Lee Valley Regional Park has something to offer everyone.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic countryside professional to join our Open Spaces Team as a customer service officer based at our fantastic new Wildlife Discovery Centre (WDC) located in the River Lea Country Park just North of Waltham Abbey Essex.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- You will contribute to the effective day to day running of the Wildlife Discovery Centre(WDC) and deliver excellent customer experience to our visitors including providing information on the local area and the wider park as a whole.
- On a daily basis, you will be required to Open and Close the WDC Discovery Room and Tower.
- On a daily basis, you will be required to liaise with and oversee the Volunteers on duty including overseeing the volunteer rota system
- You will be required to liaise with Ranger Service Colleagues, other internal colleagues, on-site contractors and preferred suppliers (where applicable) to ensure each day runs as smoothly as possible
- You will be required to monitor and respond accordingly to incoming external emails to the WDC inbox.
- You might be required to work at other open space sites to promote the Park in “pop up sessions”
- Answer and respond to telephone or email / Social media enquiries from the public and provide response via email or in person and where necessary pass on enquiries to the appropriate open spaces department.
- Requesting/overseeing orders for retail stock, Hot and Cold Drinks, printable literature and cleaning materials.
- You will need to have proven customer service experience ideally in a leisure or countryside environment along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office functions. Experience of working individually or as part of a team along with volunteers and community engagement activities would be highly desirable.
A full driving licence is essential and successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Criminal Records Bureau, for which assistance will be given.
If you feel that you have the right blend of skills for this role please complete an application form, found on our website www.leevalleypark.org.uk and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3 December 2021
We reserve the right to amend the closing date of this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities employer
No Agencies Please
Closing Date: 03/12/2021 Location: Lee Valley Regional Park