Communications and Marketing Manager
Alnwick, Northumberland (with the possibility of remote working)
3-year contract (with the possibly for an extension)
£40,000 - £45,000
Do you want to be the leading force to launching an Innovation Programme across the length and breadth of the UK?
Can you use your communication expertise to engage participants, scientific and practical experts from leading industry and academic partners from the UK and overseas?
Are you ready to make a difference and be part of something which truly has an impact on the planet?
We have a brand new opportunity for an experienced Communications and Marketing Manager to design, deliver and lead a strategic marketing and communications programme for the PromoBio initiative - part of the government's Biomass Feedstock Innovation Programme - to ensure the promotion, engagement and collaboration of all participants and target markets.
Reporting to the Commercial Director of re:heat; with substantial UK and potentially International travel for conferences and events, this role is ideal for an individual who has experience of leading communications for similar innovation projects with an understanding of the farming, forestry or renewable energy landscape.
Responsibilities will include:
- Refining and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy involving wider public/partners and creating effective engagement, ensuring participants and partners are kept informed and engaged with ongoing activities;
- Developing and delivering a PR strategy targeting industry, national and regional media and events, as well as the potential of new channels and technologies (podcasts/ online media etc);
- Strategically planning and organising events to promote and engage partners and participants;
- Designing and implementing internal communications processes and initiatives that will secure team satisfaction and engagement;
- Maximising a wide range of channels including digital and social media, PR, printed materials, virtual and physical meetings, workshops, and events;
- Establishing and promoting relationships with partners, venues, potential speakers, experts, academics and International and UK press;
- Taking responsibility for industry networking and profile-raising activities, such as thought leadership, events and awards, to raise the profile of the programme and generate coverage in media channels;
- Defining priorities, setting objectives, allocating work strands and negotiating resources for milestones within the project;
- Managing and analysing social media platforms to maximise reach and engagement whilst adopting a role of brand lead on those channels;
- Leading the creative development of the brand, PR and social programmes, organising planning sessions, brainstorms and sharing ideas;
- Leading the re:heat Director and internal stakeholders on best practices relating to strategic communications;
- Identifying opportunities to raise awareness of the project and ensure our mission is known and understood;
- Designing and tracking templates, checklists and guidance, as well as assurance, editing and proof reading.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification in marketing, PR or communications or a relevant discipline;
- Excellent project management skills;
- An interest in land based renewables and a good understanding of the current issues facing the sector;
- Strong writing skills, an excellent understanding of communications channels (including digital, media and marketing skills) and experience of targeting audiences effectively;
- Experience of engaging with senior internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience of working in high-pressure situations as well as political awareness and sound judgement;
- Experience of negotiating costs and managing and monitoring significant communications projects and campaign budgets;
A full driving licence is also required.
- 25 days holiday excluding Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare Insurance scheme
- Free eye tests
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working
- £500 voucher for professional development
Interested? Apply now!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 06/01/2022 Location: Alnwick, Northumberland