Nr Truro, Cornwall
We are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Woodsperson to join our Forestry & Woodland Team, based at Tregothnan. The 600 hectares of woodlands are situated in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK and have been managed by the Boscawen Family since 1334.
- Salary from £22,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 21 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Accommodation available to rent
- Relevant training will be provided
If you are an experienced woodsperson with a breadth of forestry knowledge, this is a great opportunity for you to reach your full potential, at a very exciting time in the history of woodland management of the Estate.
As a Woodsperson, you will undertake a variety of tasks to support all aspects of our woodland operations from planting, maintenance and establishment, to thinning and small-scale harvesting, in predominantly broadleaf woodland.
To be considered as a Woodsperson, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in woodland management
- The ability to demonstrate a wide range of silvicultural (the growing and cultivation of trees) skills and knowledge
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own transport, as we are in a rural location with no access to public transport
Other organisations may call this role Woodworker, Woods Operative, Silvicultural Operative, or Silvicultural Specialist.
Webrecruit and Tregothnan are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to exhibit your first-rate skills and expertise as a Woodsperson, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 03/08/2022 Location: Truro