Woodland Operations Worker (FTC to 31 July 2024)
North York Moors National Park, Helmsley (with substantial travel across the National Park)
The North York Moors National Park Authority presides over one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles. Filled with picture book towns and villages, beautiful moorlands and fantastic woodland, the North York Moors is a unique area with diversity and ecosystems that are found nowhere else in the UK.
Funding has been secured for this new Team via a joint project with the National Park Authority and the North York Moors National Park Trust.
We are excited that we’ve received funding to support more young people into employment. As such, we’re looking for a Woodland Operations Worker to join us on a fixed-term contract until 31 July 2024.
- Salary for 37 hours per week - £19,264 to £20,043 per annum (pro-rata for part-time)
- Work within one of the UK’s most stunning landscapes
- 24 days annual leave per annum (rising annually by one day) plus eight public holidays
- Learn valuable skills from an experienced woodland management professional
As a Woodland Operations Worker, you will deliver practical woodland management tasks across North York Moors National Park to ensure its woodlands can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Reporting to the Woodland Operations Supervisor, you will carry out a range of outdoor tasks as part of a team or occasionally independently.
You will develop your expertise in practical techniques used to increase the conservation value of woodlands as well as the organisation of work tasks.
Once you’re suitably trained, you’ll have the chance to work with teams of volunteers in delivering practical projects across the National Park.
To join us as a Woodland Operations Worker, you’ll need:
- Some experience of woodland management work, such as planting, weed control and fencing
- An NVQ or City and Guilds qualification (or similar) in a practical discipline
- Proficiency in the use of powered tools and relevant equipment
- A love of working outdoors throughout the year
- To be a great team player
Previous experience of working with volunteers would be beneficial to your application.
So, if you think you could succeed as a Woodland Operations Worker, please apply via the button shown.
Working hours: Part Time or Full time, 22-37 hours per week
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 18/08/2022 Location: Helmsley