Project Officer (Public Rights Of Way)
Number of Jobs: 1
Position type: Permanent
Salary: £28,226 - £30,984
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about Public Rights of Way (PROW)? We require an additional officer to join our small, dedicated team who work tirelessly to maintain, assert and protect the access rights of the public and manage the legal record of Public Rights of Way in Kirklees.
Main duties will include:
- Assessing works needed, drawing up specifications, deciding on the appropriate workforce and equipment, requesting estimates, ordering works and budget management.
- Discussing proposals for schemes with councillors and colleagues and writing associated reports.
- Undertaking minor works where appropriate, particularly safety issues, using and maintaining appropriate equipment.
- Preparation for and representation of the Council at external partner meetings. Such meetings usually involve negotiations and discussions on proposed schemes, funding opportunities and progress reports.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience in repair and improvement works and practical maintenance, as undertaken on Public Rights of Way.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant subject or the ability to work at that level.
- Understanding of Public Rights of Way legislation and how it applies to the council’s statutory duties.
Apply: Project Officer (Public Rights Of Way) - Kirklees Council (tal.net)
Closing date: 4th September 2022, 11:55 PM
Delete Date: 19/08/2022 Location: Huddersfield