Kilmaha Forestry & Countryside Management
Salary: £24,500 per annum
Location: Based in Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire but working across the region
Working Hours: 7.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday (includes travel to and from site)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring health & safety of self and all staff in accordance with the Health & Safety Act 1974. Use risk assessments and associated documents to support day-to-day activities.
- Carry out work to the highest standards. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, tree planting, plantation maintenance (chemical application, mechanical/hand weeding etc), tree felling, grounds maintenance and infrastructure repair .
- Ensure compliance with all reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Be positive, professional and enthusiastic about forestry and related industries and the conservation of the landscape.
- Carry out such duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
Essential & Desirable Person Specification
Skills & Qualifications
- City & Guilds NPTC certificate of competence in chainsaw operations up to 380mm or equivalent
- City & Guilds NPTC certificate in safe use of Brushcutter or equivalent
- PA1 & PA6
- Full, clean driving licence
- ATV certificate
- Current 1st aid + F certificate
- B+E trailer element
- C&G NPTC certificate of competence in chainsaw operations over 380mm or equivalent
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent site management and organisation skills.
- Good knowledge, understanding and practical application of Health & Safety requirements including use of risk assessment processes
- Good knowledge, understanding and practical application of environmental requirements
- Knowledge and interest in forestry and related industries
- Problem solving
- Pro-active attitude
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player able to work effectively with colleagues and external partners
- Good at building relationships with both staff and clients
- A minimum of 5 year’s practical experience in the Forestry industry or a related industry
- Must be able to work effectively in all weather conditions
- Be in good health and physically fit. The role is physically challenging
- Some flexibility in working to align to seasonal opportunities may be required
- Willing to work away occasionally
Candidates should apply via email to email@example.com with a covering email, CV and reference
Closing Date: 12/09/2022 Location: Based in Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire but working across the region