Natural Resources Wales
Advisor 2, Sustainable Management of Atmospheric Nitrogen (North)
Closing date: 9 August 2022
Location: Flexible within North Wales
Salary: £31,490 - £34,902 (Grade 5)
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2025
Work pattern: 37 hours a week
Post number: 203209
Job Description: You will work in one of NRW’s local teams using modelled data on sources of nitrogen pollution that impact on protected sites and then discussing management options with local farmers. This aims to address the “Nature Emergency”, reverse biodiversity declines and build ecosystem resilience. This involves working closely with NRW staff, Welsh Government and landowners to build Site Nitrogen Action Plans for each of the six Areas of Wales: North-west Wales, North-east Wales, Mid Wales, South-east Wales, South Central Wales and South-west Wales. One officer will work in north and mid Wales and one in south Wales.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience of nature conservation, biodiversity, protected sites & landscapes in marine or terrestrial environment.
- Experience of working with landowners and/or other stakeholders.
- Strong and effective self-management and organisational skills.
- The ability to influence, negotiate and gain cooperation of others. Experience of dealing successfully with difficult people / situations is important.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with a customer focus.
- Excellent at building effective working relationship with colleagues and external partners.
- Ability to write clear, concise technical reports.
- The ability to use specialised IT systems, such as GIS or NRW customised applications.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Hold a current full UK valid licence to drive NRW fleet vehicles
- Welsh language requirements - Essential: Fluent in spoken Welsh
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
Closing Date: 09/08/2022 Location: Flexible within North Wales