FTC to 31 March 2022
North York Moors National Park, Helmsley (with substantial travel across the National Park).
The North York Moors National Park Authority presides over one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles.
- Salary of £17,842 - £18,198 per annum
- Work within one of the UK's most stunning landscapes
- 24 days annual leave per annum (rising annually by one day) plus eight public holidays
- Learn valuable skills from an experienced woodland management professional
This is an amazing chance to gain hands-on experience in a range of woodland management tasks, including removing and recycling redundant tree guards, tree planting and controlling invasive plants.
As a Woodland Restoration Worker, you will deliver practical woodland management tasks across North York Moors National Park to ensure it's woodlands can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Reporting to the Woodland Restoration Team Supervisor, you'll carry out a range of outdoor tasks as part of a four person team.
You will develop your expertise in practical techniques used to increase the conservation value of woodlands and to assess the wildlife value of the habitat as well as the organisation of work tasks.
You will be working with a team of dedicated volunteers from the start and also will receive training in order to better support their journey with the National Park
This is a primarily practical role and you should have a good level of physical fitness. You'll also need the drive to work in the varied weather conditions that we have in the North York Moors.
To join us as a Woodland Restoration Worker, you'll need:
- To be aged 16 - 24 (due to funding requirements)
- Some experience of woodland management work, such as planting, weed control, fencing and felling small trees
- An NVQ or City and Guilds qualification (or similar) in a practical discipline
- Proficiency in the use of powered tools and relevant equipment
- A love of working outdoors throughout the year
- To be a great team player
Previous experience of working with volunteers would be beneficial to your application.
So, if you think you could succeed as a Woodland Restoration Worker, please apply via the button shown. This advert has been produced by Webrecruit.
Working hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 03/08/2021 Location: Helmsley