Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Salary - £35,745 - £38,890 per annum (Shown)
Location - Barnsley, S70 2RD
Job Type - Full Time, Permanent
Barnsley Council have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Planning Ecologist to join our Planning Policy Team. You will be working on a full-time, permanent basis (37 hours per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,745 - £38,890 per annum.
The Planning Ecologist role:
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about biodiversity and who is looking for a suitable work life balance that includes a combination of home working, site visits and office work. You will be responsible for ensuring that the biodiversity potential of sites is preserved and enhanced in Barnsley and will lead on biodiversity and geodiversity issues in relation to plan making, development proposals and nature conservation sites.
As our Planning Ecologist your responsibilities will include:
- Provide professional advice, guidance and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders including Members and external bodies.
- To ensure that biodiversity potential of greenspace and nature conservation sites is preserved and enhanced.
- Interpret legislation, plans, policies and guidance and make recommendations.
- To contribute to work relating to the Local Plan, including the development of policy and the preparation and supervision of guidance documents in relation to biodiversity and geodiversity.
- Participate in all types of planning appeals including providing proofs of evidence and representing the Council under cross examination at Public Inquiries.
Qualifications and experience you’ll need to become our Planning Ecologist:
- Relevant professional Level 7
- Associate Member of CIEEM or higher
- Evidence of significant continuing professional development relating to the planning and biodiversity/geodiversity professions.
Skills you’ll need to become our Planning Ecologist:
- Able to effectively manage peaks in workload to provide timely input into planning decisions
- Competent in the use of the Defra Biodiversity Metric and able to evaluate habitats to the UK Habitats Classification level
- Good communication skills at all levels, who will fit well into our friendly team
- Good project management skills and ability to working in partnership and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to apply innovative and creative thinking and resolve complex challenges associated with biodiversity and geodiversity.
Closing date: Friday 13th August 2021
We need a Planning Ecologist who shares our enthusiasm and vision who can pull all this together and make this happen – is that you? Then we’d like to hear from you!
Applications to be sent to – JBEemail@example.com
Closing Date: 13/08/2021 Location: Barnsley, S70 2RD