Horticulture Tutor SEN
Reporting to: Head of Horticulture
Grade/Salary: £24K-£26K (based on experience & qualifications)
Hours: 35 per week
Probationary Period: 24 weeks
Location: Stanwell (Close to T5 Heathrow)
Summary of the Role
Green Corridor is a Section 41 specialist post-16 education provider catering for young people between the ages of 16-25. Our young people have a range of needs, including those with mild to moderate special educational needs and learning difficulties. Green Corridor provides the best quality of education and care for vulnerable young people and adults through vibrant bespoke learning pathways, which enhances their future employability and nurtures outstanding personal development.
Equality & Diversity
Green Corridor is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We invite all those from different backgrounds to apply for our advertised job posts, regardless age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
Frontline Teaching (70%)
- To plan, prepare and teach schemes of work to national standards and deliver individually targeted lessons. To complete planning documentation to the time schedule agreed by our Head of Education & Qualifications.
- To teach the young people and adults in your group according to their individual needs, and to approved standards
- To promote the intellectual, physical and personal development of students in your tutor group including the embedding of English and Maths skills and British Values.
Assessment, Recording and Reporting (15%)
- To assess, create individual portfolios and report on learner’s development, progress and educational attainment in line with accredited course documentation.
- Working with our Internal Verifier (IV) to ensure that documentation and assessments are undertaken to Centre and qualification standards.
- To attend Progress Reviews and Interim Reviews of learners in your tutor group and provide a progress report on outcomes to the agreed time scale.
Curriculum Development (10%)
- Advise and co-operate with the Senior Managers, other tutors, the centre internal verifier and support staff on the preparation of teaching materials, schemes of work, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care.
Support Social Enterprise (5%)
- To work with colleagues to develop and implement ideas to establish the horticulture department as a Social Enterprise that will provide work experience opportunities for our young people.
- To support SEN young people to access horticulture and related work experience appropriate to the qualification they are working towards.
For further information and to apply, please click here
Closing Date: 19/08/2021 Location: TW19 6BS