Ferne Animal Sanctuary
Estate Worker – General
Salary - £8.91 per hour
Full time 37.5 hours per week
5 day rota including weekend and bank holiday working
Based – Wambrook, Chard
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the sanctuary for a General Estates Worker.
Reporting to our Estates Manager you will be responsible for the provision of Estates maintenance; this will inclue general repair, cleaning and maintenance of the sanctuary property and care and maintenance of the sanctuary site including external retail units.
The successful candidate will have practical experience of buildings and grounds maintenance and practical experience of general maintenance, including the ability to use a range of equipment. It’s desirable you have the relevant NVQ or experience of at least 3 years.
Due to the location it is essential you have access to transport. Uniform and PPE will be provided.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
In consultation with the Estates Manager:
- To assist in the maintenance of animal enclosures and housing
- To support the estates team with maintenance across the sanctuary including grounds maintenance, weeding, hedgerow management and children’s play area and equipment.
- To ensure the sanctuary properties including external retail units meet the standards required by the Estates Manager.
- To work with the Estates Manager to agree the approach to General Maintenance and devise work plans accordingly.
- To identify and highlight any maintenance issue to the Estates Manager and agree remedial actions.
- Ensure the sanctuary is kept tidy.
- To work with the team on Land Management and maintenance.
- Maintain all equipment to the required standard.
- Cleaning Duties
- Undertake driving duties
- In extreme weather conditions to help as required
- To comply with all Ferne’s policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Have a positive and professional work attitude
- Have an ability to be flexible, tactful, diplomatic and supportive in your approach at all times
- Experience in the use of a wide range of tools and machinery including strimmers, mowers and hedge cutters
- Experience of driving a range of vehicles
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance and management
- An interest in/knowledge of maintenance DIY
- A keen understanding and belief in the mission of Ferne Animal Sanctuary
- Full valid UK driving licence
To apply please download an application form, job description and person specification from our website
Please email your completed application form to email@example.com
or post to Human Resources, Ferne Animal Sanctuary, Chard, Somerset, TA20 3DH
Delete Date: 24/08/2021 Location: Wambrook, Chard