RSK ADAS Ltd
Senior Ecological Consultant
Location: Wolverhampton / Milton Park, Oxford/ Boxworth, Cambridgeshire
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing ecological services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries and as a result of our continued success, we require a Senior Ecological Consultant with the energy and drive to manage ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a diverse range of ecological surveys and assessments. Your role will include:
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client's satisfaction.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Project and client management, including the opportunity to develop own client relationships and be responsible for own projects.
- Help to achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant subject
- Have at least one protected species licence, ideally great crested newts or bats CIEEM membership
- Experience of bat analysis software Have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- CSCS card holder
- Full driving licence and have use of a car
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview. All candidates applying for the position must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy.
For further information and to apply, please click here