Conservation Contracts North West Ltd
Conservation Contracts North West is a professional environmental contracting and consulting firm, specialising in habitat management and countryside access across all aspects of environmentally & ecologically sensitive projects across the North West of England.
As part of our business growth, we are looking to appoint a Conservation Operative to strengthen our experienced team. We provide an integrated and comprehensive service for local authorities, government agencies, commercial clients, community groups, utility companies and landowners, and work in partnership to improve our natural environment.
We are looking for an entry / intermediate-level Conservation Operative. The person will report to and work alongside one of our experienced Supervisors. The work is interesting and varied as well as being physically demanding at times.
The role responsibilities include the following:
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance, landscaping and groundworks on various sites across the North West of England.
- Follow site-specific Risk Assessments and generic Risk Assessments at all times on all work projects as directed by a Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- To work alongside a Supervisor and ensure that all practical work is carried out to a high standard while adhering to Health & Safety Policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties required to perform the job role and to assist the management team in achieving CCNW’s objectives.
- Follow, as directed, company Policies, Practices and Procedures
- Wear presentable company branded uniform and PPE and represent the company in a responsible and mature manner at all times (including when using company vehicles).
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Have previous experience of conservation groundwork, such as; hard and soft landscaping, fencing, woodland management.
- Have an active interest in the outdoor environment and enjoy being outdoors in all weathers.
- Be able to work as part of a team or alone if required.
- Chainsaw CS30.1, 30.2 and CS 31 (desirable).
- Spraying PA1 and PA6 (desirable).
- CSCS Card (desirable).
- Have a full driving licence that enables you to drive in the UK and have access to private transport.
What do we offer?
- Starting salary on a scale £16,000-£18,000 p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience).
- 29 days leave (includes Bank Holidays).
- Comprehensive training package.
- Supportive working environment with annual reviews.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Uniform & PPE.
Please go to our website and complete the application form. The application form, C.V. and a covering letter should emailed via link or posted to Personnel Department, Conservation Contracts North West Ltd, 29-31 Lee Lane, Horwich, Bolton BL6 7AX.